Data Cabling Engineers
- Location: Central Scotland
- Contract: Full-Time*
- Salary: Competitive (Depending on Experience)
We have an exciting opportunity for experienced Data Cabling engineers to join our team at JGM. The role will involve the installation of various Data, Fibre and Voice cabling systems within Commercial, Education, Sport & Leisure, Healthcare, Hospitality and Retail sectors.
Duties Will Include:
- The delivery of various structured data cabling systems such as- Cat5e UTP/STP, Cat6 UTP/STP & Cat6a UTP/STP with the ability to terminate and test cables to a high standard. Competent and experienced in testing, tracing and fault finding data cabling using Fluke DSX and Link Runner data testers.
- Competent and experience in fibre cabling of both multi-mode and single-mode fibre type cables with the ability to terminate fibre cables using fibre splicing method.
- Competent and experienced in the voice cabling and termination and testing of multicore cables
- Competent and experienced in the installation of floor mounted and wall mounted communication cabinets including flat pack type cabinets.
- Competent in the installation of various containment systems i.e. tray, basket tray, PVC trunking and conduit and installation of data cable matting.
- PC literate using software packages such as Microsoft Excel & Word and Fluke Linkware would be advantageous
The Successful Candidate:
- CNIT or City & Guilds & Guilds communication cabling or NVQ telecommunication certification will be required
- Excellent communication skills and customer-focused with a proactive approach to working
- Ability to work on own initiative and or as part of a team
- Ability to work safely at all times and the ability to understand the contract and Health & Safety requirements/regulations
- CSCS/ECS Grade Card
- Provide appropriate and correct site information
- Ability to successfully complete tasks within given timescales of the project
- Ability to identify issues or risks that require escalation as necessary to project manager
- Full clean driving licence
- This role will be based in Edinburgh and is 38 hours per week, however, overtime may be required from time to time.