- Location: Edinburgh
- Contract: Full-Time
- Salary: Competitive (Depending on Experience)
Would you like to join a leading Building Services company with a reputation for excellence?
JGM is currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager to join our passionate and driven team within our Edinburgh office, on a permanent basis.
Experience & Attributes:
- Preferably a minimum 5 years experience as a Senior Quantity Surveyor working with a Mechanical & Electrical contractor.
- Ability to take off Mechanical and Electrical drawings in all disciplines and have a basic knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical installations, to be able to discuss the same with respective Engineers.
- Knowledge and experience of standard contract forms including JCT, SBCC & NEC.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, Excel & Word.
- Good negotiation, communication and leadership skills with an ability to meet deadlines and work with all levels of the project and management teams.
- Responsive to customer needs.
- Preferably HND/HNC/Degree in Quantity Surveying or demonstration of relevant breadth of experience.
- UK Driving Licence
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the commercial and contractual management of company projects.
- Assist in reviewing and negotiating agreement of contract documents for new projects appointments.
- Preparation of monthly project valuations for submission to clients.
- Preparation of contract variations in required detail for submission to Main Contractor/Client and subsequent agreement of same.
- Assist in the identification of potential risks and opportunities on projects.
- Providing commercial and contractual advice to project management team.
- Preparation and agreement of project final accounts.
- Preparation, negotiation and issue of subcontract orders.
- Valuation and agreement of sub-contract variations and accounts
- Assist in the development and preparation of contract monthly work in progress/cost and value reports for submission to Finance, for Budget and Cash Flow Forecasts and production of Monthly Accounts – to assist in maximising the profitability of the company.
- Manage and supervise a team of Quantity Surveyors on a day to day basis.
- Assist the Estimating Department with the contractual aspects of tendering.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise projects.
For more information or any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
We work closely with a carefully selected set of recruitment agencies, we are not looking to expand this.